Since it is constantly in contact with a large number of allergens, impurities and polluting dusts, keeping?the nose clean and clear?is the first step to?prevent alterations of the mucous membrane of the nose?(blocked nose, itching and dryness) and to allow correct airflow in the respiratory tract.
Nasal wash: what is it and what is its use?
Recommended by an ever-increasing number of?specialist physicians, nasal wash is a practice that involves pouring a hydro-saline solution into the nose, allowing the liquid to flow into one nostril and then letting it pour out from the other.
Many studies have shown that nasal irrigation, if performed on a daily basis, makes it easier to cleanse the mucosa, since it helps to?eliminate excess mucus,?pollen, crusts and?substances accumulated throughout the day, which can compromise normal respiratory health.
In addition, thanks to their ability to expel impurities and keep the mucosa cleansed and moisturised, nasal washes are a?complementary treatment?to?relieve the symptoms?of diseases of the?upper respiratory tract, accelerating healing and facilitating the?recovery of the normal functions?of the mucosa.
Otosan??research has combined this ancient technique with the most modern practical needs, creating?Otosan? Nasal Wash, a nasal wash system that is?easy?and?quick to use.
With its?30?pre-measured sachets?and the?irrigation bottle, specifically designed to ensure?adequate flow pressure, Otosan??Nasal Wash is ideal for the?daily hygiene?of the mucous membranes of the nose and as an?adjuvant?for the treatment of?allergies,?colds?and?sinusitis.
- ensures cleansing of the mucous membrane of the nose;
- favours mucociliary clearance;
- improves breathing;
- hinders the stagnation of secretions and the resulting contamination process.
It is useful in case of:
- nasal congestion;
- cold or allergic rhinitis;
- acute and chronic sinusitis;
- hypertrophic rhinitis during pregnancy;
- snoring at night;
- staying in dry or polluted environments;
- exposure to fumes and irritants;
- surgery (before and after);
- Daily cleansing of the nasal cavities.
Otosan??Nasal Wash Kit contains:
- An easy-to-use bottle for daily nasal irrigation;
- A pack containing 30 sachets of saline solution enriched with sodium bicarbonate and hyalorunic acid with emollient and moisturising properties.
Otosan Nasal Wash does not contain preservatives or pharmacological substances.
CE medical device ? Carefully read the instructions for use.SCIENTIFIC LITERATURE:
- Melissa A. Pynnonen, MD; Shraddha S. Mukerji, MD; H. Myra Kim, ScD; Meredith E. Adams, MD; Jeffrey E. Terrell, MD.?Nasal Saline for Chronic Sinonasal Symptoms. A Randomized Controlled Trial. Arch Otolaryngol head neck surg/vol 133 (no. 11),?Nov 2007.
- Blake Papsin, MD, FRCSC Alison McTavish. Saline nasal irrigation. Its role as an adjunct treatment, MSCCanadian Family Physician. Le M?decin de famille canadien Vol 49: FEBRUARY 2003.
- Rabago D, Zgierska A. Saline nasal irrigation for upper respiratory conditions. Am Fam Physician. 2009 Nov 15;80(10):1117-9.
- Hermelingmeier KE, Weber RK, Hellmich M, Heubach CP, M?sges R. Nasal irrigation as an adjunctive treatment in allergic rhinitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2012 Sep-Oct;26(5):e119-25.